Tuesday, March 18, 2008

how many fucking times...

i know you hate me.

i know you think i'm dangerous.

i know you won't believe we don't all wear luminous lycra whilst fantasizing that we're ascending that col...

but please do believe this:

I AM NOT THE DANGER. YOU HAVE SEVERAL TONS OF METAL, AN ENGINE AND AN ATTITUDE. STOP IT.

we're not all smug, believe it or not, i ride my bike because i enjoy it, not because i have swampy/eco warrior fantasies. i don't set out to annoy motorists, i do enjoy passing them, but hey! you could do that too if you ditched the car. i don't take risks, but i do make moves to get me out of your way.

stop this shit, there is no reason for motorists to hate cyclists and constantly bleat about them, we jump the odd red light, we push to the front (for our own safety) and some of us *gulp* wear lycra.

get a grip, you're driving a polluting, lethal, hunk of metal with scant regard for your own or other's safety. let's think about this one.

oh! and the article that prompted this is here

gleamed from cyclelicio.us

2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

I do race the cars like superman races the train

so often I am on my single speed geared for mountain

which has me over spinning at a slow rate

which still beats the car

my patterns are an effort to put myself where I am most safe

not as an effort to be reckless or wild
just trying to facilitate flow

and yes

I will take the whole lane

why?

because no one cares about my wellbeing but me

horn said...

i can't better that.

and you're right, i look after me and my bike, no-one else will.